Tuesday, May 24, 2005

Feedback, next map

DM-Sweet-Death is now up on 5 sites and has altogether at least 716 downloads so far. Not too shabby for a week :-) Feedback is mixed. The hardcore crowd on Nalicity seems to hate it, in general reactions are very good. I even got an invitation for a mod project. I had to decline, but I do feel honored.

On Saturday I have begun work on the next map, this time a rather small deathmatch map, run-down sci-fi/industrial (not really decided yet) with a quite interesting skybox. I have a layout that is very much oriented on those DM maps that are commonly referred to as having good flow. Well, items are set, pathing is done and the first time I tried, the bots played like shit. All action on the ground floor. Oh well, I'll have to shuffle weapons around tomorrow.

The idea is, to get the map playtested before it is even properly textured, lit and decorated, i.e. at a time when it would not hurt to throw it away altogether. We'll see.

No comments: