Wednesday, May 25, 2005

Lesson learned

This night (I mean it literally :) I have changed weapon and item locations a bit, put more things to the upper story, but the result is only a little bit better. Fact is, that it's very fast to get down by jumping and slow to get up over the ramps. No wonder that all action concentrates on the ground floor. I need jump pads!

Well, I'm not sure how much of the layout has to be changed to accommodate the jump pads. Maybe I'll have to replace some ramps. The problem is, that ramps of course wind up along the walls, thus taking away the logical places for jump pads. Should I combine lifts and jump pads when replacing a ramp? Sounds promising. Lifts from ground to first floor, jump pads from ground to upper floor, ramps in two of the areas. Hmm ... seems like a major overhaul.

No comments: